Unicode zipping from Python code?

durumdara

Hi!

As I experienced in the year 2006, the Python's zip module is not
unicode-safe.
With the hungarian filenames I got wrong result.
I need to convert iso-8859-2 to cp852 chset to get good result.
As I see, this module is "a command line tool" imported as extension.

Now I search for something that can handle the characters good, or
handle the unicode filenames.

Does anyone knows about a python project that can do this?
Or other tool what I can use for zipping intern. characters?

Thanks for your help!

dd

Leo Kislov

Hi!

As I experienced in the year 2006, the Python's zip module is not
unicode-safe.

I'd rather say unicode file names are not supported. Why? Because zip
format didn't support unicode file names upto 2006.
With the hungarian filenames I got wrong result.
I need to convert iso-8859-2 to cp852 chset to get good result.

So you solved the problem, didn't you?
As I see, this module is "a command line tool" imported as extension.

Now I search for something that can handle the characters good, or
handle the unicode filenames.

You said you've got good result, so it's not clear what do you want.

Does anyone knows about a python project that can do this?
Or other tool what I can use for zipping intern. characters?

Zipping is only half of the problem. How are you going to unzip such
files?

-- Leo