UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xb6 in position

Îίκος

Στις 29/9/2013 5:19 μμ, ο/η Chris Angelico έγÏαψε:
superhost.gr. 14400 IN MX 0 superhost.gr.

mail 14400 IN CNAME superhost.gr.

As for the mail iam afrid it outputs this:
Code:
Warning MX CNAME Check WARNING: CNAME was returned for the following MX
records:
mail.superhost.gr
The CNAME(s) that were returned are listed above. This is not ok per the
RFCs and can cause problems including mail being lost!
Error MX A request returns CNAME WARNING: MX records points to a
CNAME. CNAMEs are not allowed in MX records, according to RFC974, RFC1034
3.6.2, RFC1912 2.4, and RFC2181 10.3. The problem MX record(s) are:
mail.superhost.gr points to ['superhost.gr']

Once again, you are posting code and errors that don't go with each
other. Your MX record does not point to mail.superhost.gr but to
superhost.gr itself. This makes it extremely difficult to help you.
EXTREMELY.

Two options: Either edit your bind file manually OR use some other
tool for viewing and editing it. If the latter, the bindfile is
utterly meaningless - look at the other tool. If the former, I would
rewrite your zone file like this:

-- cut --
$TTL 14400
@ 86400 IN SOA ns1.superhost.gr. nikosgr33k.gmail.com. (
2013092903 ;Serial Number
86400 ;refresh
7200 ;retry
3600000 ;expire
86400 )

@ 86400 IN NS ns1
@ 86400 IN NS ns2

@ IN A 84.200.17.58

@ IN MX 0 @

mail IN CNAME @
www IN CNAME @
ftp IN CNAME @
-- cut --

The changes I've made are:
1) Remove the massive duplication of your domain name, mainly by using
the shorthand "@". (There are other shorthands you can use, too.)
2) Remove the dot from your email address. Currently your official
address is (e-mail address removed) which is flat-out wrong. Fortunately
for you, Gmail will accept (e-mail address removed) no problem.
3) Eliding the TTLs where they're the same as your default
4) Removing the entry for localhost.superhost.gr which you shouldn't
really be using - it'll only confuse matters. Use localhost as a TLD -
that's how it's set up.

Aside from #2 and #4, this shouldn't actually change your DNS records,
but it'll make your bindfile that much easier to read and work with.

Of course, if you're editing the file with some other program, don't
do this at all. Just use that other program.

ChrisA
I have tried your setup and still my webpage http://superhost.gr is not

i dont ebven have access to cPanel and WHM any more by hostname.

The via WHM i have reset the DNS Zone for superhost.gr and let it
recreate it as WHM wants it by default.

Still same error. No website appearing anymore no access to cPanel & WHM
and no ability to send or receive mail.

Îίκος

Στις 29/9/2013 7:14 μμ, ο/η Joel Goldstick έγÏαψε:
asked and answered. Move on

shut up. you are nothign but annoyance here.

Dennis Lee Bieber

???? 29/9/2013 10:53 ??, ?/? Chris Angelico ??????:

You fail to understand that these code i now use was written with the
help of regulars here and yes its correct.
Each individual statement may be correct, yes... But since we've NOT
written or seen the entire application itself, there could be many problems
in the overall algorithm.

Terry Reedy

This is the nature of Unicode pain in Python 2 (Python 3 has a different
kind!). This may help you understand what's going on:
http://nedbatchelder.com/text/unipain.html

This is really excellent and I bookmarked it.

There is one minor error: "the conversion from int to float can't fail,"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
float(10**1000)
OverflowError: long int too large to convert to float

Even when it succeeds, it can fail in the sense of losing information.1.0

This is somewhat analogous to a combination of errors='ignore' and
errors='replace' (with random garbage).

I think the presentation would be strengthened with the correction, as
it shows that the problems of conversion are *not* unique to bytes and
unicode.

Ned Batchelder

This is really excellent and I bookmarked it.

There is one minor error: "the conversion from int to float can't fail,"

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
float(10**1000)
OverflowError: long int too large to convert to float

Even when it succeeds, it can fail in the sense of losing information.
1.0

This is somewhat analogous to a combination of errors='ignore' and
errors='replace' (with random garbage).

I think the presentation would be strengthened with the correction, as
it shows that the problems of conversion are *not* unique to bytes and
unicode.

Thanks, these are excellent points.

--Ned.

Grant Edwards

???????? 29/9/2013 10:53 ????, ??/?? Chris Angelico ????????????:

You fail to understand that these code i now use was written with the
help of regulars here and yes its correct.

If you're code is correct, then use it and be happy.

There's no need to bother us if your code is correct.

Mark Lawrence

Στις 29/9/2013 7:14 μμ, ο/η Joel Goldstick έγÏαψε:

shut up. you are nothign but annoyance here.

Absolutely hilarious. Please give up your web work and Python and get a
job writing scripts for comedians, you'd make a large fortune.

Mark Lawrence

If you're code is correct, then use it and be happy.

There's no need to bother us if your code is correct.

Could this be an extremely rare case whereby the original code is 100%
correct but the problems have been exacerbated by the many suggested
patches given here being 100% incorrect?

Chris Angelico

Could this be an extremely rare case whereby the original code is 100%
correct but the problems have been exacerbated by the many suggested patches
given here being 100% incorrect?

Jests and barbs left aside, I believe his definition of "correct" is
"wasn't crashing". Earlier in this thread there was a hint that he'd
tightened a bare except to one specific exception. My guess is his
code wasn't correct, but one bug (overly-broad try/except) masked
another.

ChrisA

Îίκος

Στις 30/9/2013 5:45 μμ, ο/η Mark Lawrence έγÏαψε:
Absolutely hilarious. Please give up your web work and Python and get a
job writing scripts for comedians, you'd make a large fortune.

I learn Python for personal pleasure because i like programming.
Perhaps it would be even better if you quit spamming my thread with your
"funny" quotes.

Antoon Pardon

Op 30-09-13 20:03, Îίκος schreef:
Στις 30/9/2013 5:45 μμ, ο/η Mark Lawrence έγÏαψε:

I learn Python for personal pleasure because i like programming.

You may like porgramming, but it is rather obvious you don't like
the python style of programming. So maybe you should chose a
laguage whose style is more to your liking.
Perhaps it would be even better if you quit spamming my thread with your
"funny" quotes.

You have no authority over what people contribute in your thread. Since
you don't seem very considerate about the effect your contributions have
on others, you can hardly expect others to be considerate of you.

Mark Lawrence

Στις 30/9/2013 5:45 μμ, ο/η Mark Lawrence έγÏαψε:

I learn Python for personal pleasure because i like programming.
Perhaps it would be even better if you quit spamming my thread with your
"funny" quotes.

Your approach as given in the pseudocode given below is taking up what,
50% of the bandwidth here? What a waste of a resource.

while "answer_isn't_what_I_want":
keep_asking_question()

You are to this mailing list what King Herod was to baby sitting.

Please drop dead and the sooner the better. Your arrogant attitide to
the numerous people who've tried so hard to help you is disgraceful.

Ned Batchelder

Please drop dead and the sooner the better. Your arrogant attitide to
the numerous people who've tried so hard to help you is disgraceful.

Mark, I'm as frustrated as anyone by Nikos' threads, but there's really
no call for "Please drop dead." We can do better than that.

--Ned.

Îίκος

Στις 30/9/2013 9:42 μμ, ο/η Mark Lawrence έγÏαψε:
Your approach as given in the pseudocode given below is taking up what,
50% of the bandwidth here? What a waste of a resource.

while "answer_isn't_what_I_want":
keep_asking_question()

I was thankfull to the people that tried to help me(excluding you)
Several method have been given to solve the problem.
Other newbies reading this will help them better understand why its
written the way it is if they compare all the solutions.
And yes, i won't rest until i have it working as i think its clearer and
more compact.

You are to this mailing list what King Herod was to baby sitting.

And you are a major asshole leading this list, who is doing nothing else
than critizizing others people's posts, spamming all he way along while
contributing negatively only.
Please drop dead and the sooner the better.

After you please.
Your arrogant attitide to
the numerous people who've tried so hard to help you is disgraceful.

Your ironic attitude on the other hand is what characterizes you.

Triing out various solutions and picking the one that better meets one's
style and needs, is hardly considered as arrogance.

Antoon Pardon

Op 30-09-13 20:54, Ned Batchelder schreef:
Mark, I'm as frustrated as anyone by Nikos' threads, but there's really
no call for "Please drop dead." We can do better than that.

I disagree. The "Please drop dead" seems well deserved to me. You may
think it better if people could put themselves above it, but that
doesn't make the remark less deserved.

Mark Lawrence

Στις 30/9/2013 11:44 μμ, ο/η Mark Lawrence έγÏαψε:

One positive comment in the history opposes 10^2 negative ones.

Yet more sheer unadulterated rubbish from an imbecile who clearly hasn't
got the faintest idea what he's talking about. Would you please be kind
enough to stand up, your voice is rather muffled. That is after you've
done a proper statistical analysis of the number of positive posts I've
made over the years. You are actually one of the very few people who
has managed to get quite so far up my nose, that's quite an achievement
as by nature I'm actually extremely tolerant.