UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xb6 in position

Îίκος

Στις 1/10/2013 12:44 πμ, ο/η Joel Goldstick έγÏαψε:
On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM, Îίκος <[email protected]

Στις 30/9/2013 11:44 μμ, ο/η Mark Lawrence έγÏαψε:

On 30/09/2013 21:13, Îίκος wrote:

And you are a major asshole leading this list, who is doing
nothing else
than critizizing others people's posts, spamming all he way
along while
contributing negatively only.

Really? http://code.activestate.com/__lists/python-list/651611/
<http://code.activestate.com/lists/python-list/651611/>

One positive comment in the history opposes 10^2 negative ones.

well, actually no. one positive comment (and I'm sorry your reference
didn't reveal one!) is 10^2-1 times as 10^2 negative comments. Look in
a mirror dude. You are lazy, you charge people for code that you don't
even have under source control, you have no interest in understanding
and studying how your servers work, how python works. You bitch and
whine at people who come along to help you. You are to slothful to look
at a traceback. Your hosting company ignores you apparently because you
are such an sob they don't even want your business. You pick a nickname
that is the defininition of an asshole:
http://www.politicsforum.org/images/flame_warriors/flame_62.php and yet
you return again and again to be rude to all who first try to help you
out, then realize you are such a total jerk that they even wish you an
awful demise without even having met you..

Take a look in the mirror dude.

I don't care if you want to tell me to shut up. It seemed amusing to
others here.

stfu dickhead.

Denis McMahon

Could this be an extremely rare case whereby the original code is 100%
correct but the problems have been exacerbated by the many suggested
patches given here being 100% incorrect?

I'm sending you the bill for hospital admission. I laughed so hard I fell
off of my chair and banged my head!

Îίκος

Στις 1/10/2013 1:14 πμ, ο/η Mark Lawrence έγÏαψε:
To quote from The A-Team, "I love it when a plan comes together".

2 dickheads names Joe & Mark work together to achieve total bullshit!
Well done Beavis & Butthead!
rofl...

Mark Lawrence

2 dickheads names Joe & Mark work together to achieve total bullshit!
Well done Beavis & Butthead!
rofl...

Well aside from the fact that you've maintained your record by being
inaccurate with 50% of the names that you've quoted, it appears that
we've something that has very much in common with your website. Which
reminds me, is it still possible to access your users' names and
passwords in plain text or is that something that you've actually
bothered to fix?

Chris Angelico

Óôéò 30/9/2013 5:45 ìì, ï/ç Mark Lawrence Ýãñáøå:

I learn Python for personal pleasure because i like programming.
Perhaps it would be even better if you quit spamming my thread with your
"funny" quotes.

Then maybe you should keep to programming for personal pleasure and
stop trying to make it part of your business. Most of your problems
stem from a perceived urgency - you panic, because you have stupidly
edited your live code again, and come to this list begging for help.
If you were coding purely for pleasure, your problems would not lose
you customers, and you could deal with issues calmly.

To be quite frank, I think you SHOULD lose customers. Suppose you buy
a piece of furniture from some small-time carpenter, and the moving
parts are stuck, it wobbles on its legs, and if anyone uses it who
isn't American, it crashes to the floor (which is how your Unicode
issues make you look). You go and complain, loudly, in front of people
who were looking at his wares and considering buying. He might lose
customers because of your complaint - but if he's selling a dodgy
product, he *should* lose customers. Carpentry for pleasure, or
programming for pleasure, is a fine thing to do, but it should not be
considered business.

Nikos, I sincerely hope that all these problems cause you to go out of
business. Preferably right now, with just enough maintenance to last
till the end of your contracts with people. Then start programming
purely as a hobby, until you actually master the craft.

ChrisA

Îίκος

Στις 1/10/2013 1:28 πμ, ο/η Mark Lawrence έγÏαψε:
Well aside from the fact that you've maintained your record by being
inaccurate with 50% of the names that you've quoted, it appears that
we've something that has very much in common with your website. Which
reminds me, is it still possible to access your users' names and
passwords in plain text or is that something that you've actually
bothered to fix?

Nope, it isn't. I have fixed it.

Îίκος

Στις 1/10/2013 1:29 πμ, ο/η Chris Angelico έγÏαψε:
[...]

I learn during the process.
That's how i deal with the situation.
I challedge my self and then try to confront the given situation _live_.

It's not wise to do so, but that how i operate.
Apart form that my customer's webistes have no problems, everyhting i do
its domain specific, my domain, DNS and Mail issues for my domain, i
don't play with customer's settings and data.

I have a good sense _not_ to fiddle with their accounts(except from the
time that i have taken the risk to give you root access to helo me with
a python issue, and you've "helped" me appropiately).

Chris Angelico

Óôéò 1/10/2013 1:28 ðì, ï/ç Mark Lawrence Ýãñáøå:

Nope, it isn't. I have fixed it.

And this doesn't bother you???!?

Nikos, industry best practice is to make sure people can't steal all
your users' passwords *even if they get access to your hard drive*.
Passwords should be stored like this:

"92e25cf5beefd4982cedd2f28b430e0e9d23e0966ee3f20c74f825ebeeee9842"

That's the password "qwer", on an account named "asdf", on a mythical
system. Even knowing that, you can't work out what another password
means. Storing people's passwords in plain text is a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE
idea - and having them accessible to the world is a sign of a complete
and utter lack of any semblance of security.

I understand that bugs happen. But bugs of this criticality should be
your very highest priority... unless you're not actually in business
here, and you're just scamming a bunch of people by pretending you run
a legit enterprise.

ChrisA

Îίκος

Στις 1/10/2013 1:43 πμ, ο/η Chris Angelico έγÏαψε:
[...]

I don't have the security awareness you have, but i'am learnign at the
process.

What maked you think i store peoples password in plain text?

All the user account passwords i set i do it via cPanel or via WHM.

How those services store the password in the linux server its up to them.

Îίκος

Στις 1/10/2013 1:56 πμ, ο/η Chris Angelico έγÏαψε:
But what you're doing
is charging your customers while you learn the very basics.

I designed their websites and they are up and running.
Yes i have charged some money, but they gain what they paid for, a
running website, all of them.

So, its not like i'm ripping off someone here.
You can't sell "Hello, world".

I hope i was in the position to sell python code but i'am not.
I learn Python because i like programming.

My reseller site should have been made probably in wordpress or joomla
cms but i decided to code it in Python instead because i like the
language and want it to learn it better and better. It has secret
functions as well.

When i problem occurs i just ask and thats how i progress.
Sometimes i do a little reading too :)

Antoon Pardon

Op 01-10-13 01:14, Îίκος schreef:
Στις 1/10/2013 1:56 πμ, ο/η Chris Angelico έγÏαψε:

I designed their websites and they are up and running.
Yes i have charged some money, but they gain what they paid for, a
running website, all of them.

So, its not like i'm ripping off someone here.

Yes you are. People don't just pay for a running website, with "running"
meaning some vague: "is mostly accesible." People pay for some kind of
guaranteed uptime. Since you don't have the skills to deliver that
guarantee, you are in fact ripping them off.

Îίκος

Στις 1/10/2013 10:27 πμ, ο/η Antoon Pardon έγÏαψε:
Op 01-10-13 01:14, Îίκος schreef:

Yes you are. People don't just pay for a running website, with "running"
meaning some vague: "is mostly accesible." People pay for some kind of
guaranteed uptime. Since you don't have the skills to deliver that
guarantee, you are in fact ripping them off.

But it has uptime, VPS is always online, i dont make system wide changes
except for the fat that i installed Python 3.3.2 for my personal account
needs.

If i encounter some problem i ask, bu the sad thing is that my provider
doesn't care to help.

Antoon Pardon

Op 01-10-13 10:39, Îίκος schreef:
Στις 1/10/2013 10:27 πμ, ο/η Antoon Pardon έγÏαψε:

But it has uptime, VPS is always online, i dont make system wide changes
except for the fat that i installed Python 3.3.2 for my personal account
needs.

That is has uptime is not enough. The question is: Should something go
wrong, are you skilled enough to fix it within a reasonable time?
In other words, when the side does go down, how long will it take you
to have it up again?

Going by the skill level you have shown here, you are unable to cope
with such situations in a way that can be expected.
If i encounter some problem i ask, bu the sad thing is that my provider
doesn't care to help.

Then either you have the wrong provider or you are so lacking in skill
that your provider is fed up with spoon feeding you the basic solutions.

Going with your history here, I'll go with the latter. Especially as
I think it entirely possible that your provider has already helped you
and provided you the necessary answers but you rejected them because
you didn't like the particular style of the answer.

Grant Edwards

I learn during the process.

That's fine as long as your customers are told up front that what
they're paying for is _not_ a working usable service, but rahter a
training program for you personally (a training program that's failing
rather badly, IMO).
That's how i deal with the situation. I challedge my self and then
try to confront the given situation _live_.

That's a lousy attitude to have if your customers expect something
that works rather than some in-progress hacked-up POS you're using for
practice.

Steven D'Aprano

People pay for some kind of guaranteed uptime.

You have *no idea* what sort of contract Nikos has with his customers.
Nor do you know have any idea what fees he charges. For all we know, he
is promising, and charging for, 99% uptime while delivering 99.9% uptime.

I know you are getting off on hating Nikos, but take it elsewhere.

Antoon Pardon

Op 02-10-13 03:36, Steven D'Aprano schreef:
You have *no idea* what sort of contract Nikos has with his customers.
Nor do you know have any idea what fees he charges. For all we know, he
is promising, and charging for, 99% uptime while delivering 99.9% uptime.

Which is beside the point. It is very well possible to rip someone of
and in the mean time have a contract that makes ripping that person of,
legal.

It is also possible one behaves in a way similar as if ripping
others off, but that your "victims" are lucky and don't experience
a bad outcome (yet).
I know you are getting off on hating Nikos, but take it elsewhere.

I know you are getting off insinuating hate of those who dare to
critisize Nikos harshly, but take it elsewhere.

Îίκος

Στις 2/10/2013 4:36 πμ, ο/η Steven D'Aprano έγÏαψε:
You have *no idea* what sort of contract Nikos has with his customers.
Nor do you know have any idea what fees he charges. For all we know, he
is promising, and charging for, 99% uptime while delivering 99.9% uptime.

I know you are getting off on hating Nikos, but take it elsewhere.

It is good to know that some people understand me better then others.

Thank you steven.

Îίκος

Στις 2/10/2013 10:23 πμ, ο/η Antoon Pardon έγÏαψε:
Op 02-10-13 03:36, Steven D'Aprano schreef:

Which is beside the point. It is very well possible to rip someone of
and in the mean time have a contract that makes ripping that person of,
legal.

It is also possible one behaves in a way similar as if ripping
others off, but that your "victims" are lucky and don't experience
a bad outcome (yet).

I know you are getting off insinuating hate of those who dare to
critisize Nikos harshly, but take it elsewhere.

I'am not ripping anyone off.
I designed all their websites and i host all their websiutes.
All their websites do work properly as expected.

I only trial and error with my perosnal domain, personal account only.
The only thing i did change system wide was installing Python 3.3.2 for
perosnal reasons and rewrite the code for that.

But, wy iam a sitting here and explainign myself to you.....