Upcoming deployment rule-set

Richard Maher

http://jdk7.java.net/PDF/DeploymentRuleSet-beta2.pdf

Look I have just read the above 6 times and still can't see the
"Sandboxed = OK" rule.

How can us sane people turn off that bollocks HERE BE DRAGONS - JAVA
APPLETS ARE SHIT message that was introduced last version?

Please tell me the name of this useless wanker that Larry has put in
charge of Applets. You simply can't ****-up this badly without true talent!

Cheers Richard Maher

Richard Maher

http://jdk7.java.net/PDF/DeploymentRuleSet-beta2.pdf

Look I have just read the above 6 times and still can't see the
"Sandboxed = OK" rule.

How can us sane people turn off that bollocks HERE BE DRAGONS - JAVA
APPLETS ARE SHIT message that was introduced last version?

Please tell me the name of this useless wanker that Larry has put in
charge of Applets. You simply can't ****-up this badly without true talent!

Cheers Richard Maher

Quote: - Unsigned and Self-Signed application security prompts no longer
offer "Do not show this again"

Tell me this doesn't refer to Unsigned Sand-boxed Applets for **** sake!!!

Arne, JNLP and WebStart are the cancer to Applets that DECforms was to
FMS. You get a completely incompetent bunch of knob-jockeys and give
them the budget of a successful merit-based product and then they drive
it into the ground :-(

Please, please, please cut Applets out of the fold and carry on you
"Oracle defines what RIA means" fantasy somewhere else!

Silvio

http://jdk7.java.net/PDF/DeploymentRuleSet-beta2.pdf

Look I have just read the above 6 times and still can't see the
"Sandboxed = OK" rule.

How can us sane people turn off that bollocks HERE BE DRAGONS - JAVA
APPLETS ARE SHIT message that was introduced last version?

Please tell me the name of this useless wanker that Larry has put in
charge of Applets. You simply can't ****-up this badly without true talent!

Cheers Richard Maher

Stop using the crap formerly known as Applets and you will be fine.

Silvio

"Silvio" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Stop using the crap formerly known as Applets and you will be fine.

Hey, that crap is still called Applets!

--
And loving it,

-Qu0ll (Rare, not extinct)
(e-mail address removed)

Yes, but it is no longer known.

Richard Maher

[...] bollocks [...] SHIT [...] useless wanker [...]
****-up [...] **** [...] knob-jockeys [...]

Don't hold back, Dick.

I was about to claim I was quoted out of context but you seem to have
paraphrased my feelings on the subject far more eloquently than I.

While my posts may not be up there with Oscar Wilde, I do claim to have
captured the Java zeit-gheist perfectly. All these talentless,
stary-eyed Java wannabes from places like c.l.j.p skipping off to
JavaOne to get their jollies over lambdas :-(

Meanwhile Larry puts some arshloch in charge of destroying Applets and
completely de-emphasising the sand-box advantage. Lambdas and their ilk
are just beads and trinckets to keep you happy on the server-reservation
while they steal your land and market-share from you. Google, Apple, and
Microsoft are all pissing on you as you skip along.

What is wrong with you people? Has TV de-sensatized you to violence and
injustice that you can no longer get angry at someone who wreaking havoc
on your likelihoods?

Cheers Richard Maher

Eric Sosman

[...] bollocks [...] SHIT [...] useless wanker [...]
****-up [...] **** [...] knob-jockeys [...]

Don't hold back, Dick.

I was about to claim I was quoted out of context but you seem to have
paraphrased my feelings on the subject far more eloquently than I.

Your eloquence serves as an example to all. Too many, alas,
follow your sorry example.
While my posts may not be up there with Oscar Wilde, I do claim to have
captured the Java zeit-gheist perfectly. All these talentless,
Zeitgeist.

are just beads and trinckets to keep you happy on the server-reservation
Trinkets.

What is wrong with you people? Has TV de-sensatized you to violence and

De-sensitized (hyphen optional).
injustice that you can no longer get angry at someone who wreaking havoc
on your likelihoods?

"Likelihoods?" Frankly, I wish posts like yours were in truth
less probable instead of being so oppressively common, also common.

Richard Maher

On 8/27/2013 7:49 AM, Eric Sosman wrote:
8< Some lament, or ode to a softer gentler time.

Cheer up petal!

After you've finished correcting and critiquing my posts in c.l.j.p you
can move on and voice your disdain to all those other unsuspecting plebs
in the wide world of Google groups. Then just think of the havoc you can
wreak in the twitter-verse? Just no end of fun for those with time on
their hands.

But be careful not to bruise out there!

I could've told you Eric, this Internet was never meant for one as
beautiful as you.

Richard Maher

[...]
After you've finished correcting and critiquing my posts [...]

"Don't write naughty words on walls if you can't spell."
-- Tom Lehrer

"yabba dabba doo"
-- Fred Flintstone

So fucking what? God knows you plagiarize most of what you do to get
through life you unoriginal pretentious **** but this is the last time
you'll troll under my bridge so **** off!

Arne Vajhøj

Quote: - Unsigned and Self-Signed application security prompts no longer
offer "Do not show this again"

Tell me this doesn't refer to Unsigned Sand-boxed Applets for **** sake!!!

It mention unsigned so ....
Arne, JNLP and WebStart are the cancer to Applets that DECforms was to
FMS.

I don't see any change in functionality by launching applets via JNLP.

Which of course also means that it does not solve your problem.

Arne

Silvio

Hmmm.

I would consider Java applets one of the most known not
used technologies.

Arne

You are right of course, but that line did not fit in as nicely with my
first remark. I consider it no longer known as a current technique, just
some name from the past.

Richard Maher

Then I suggested perusing
http://www.java.com/js/deployJava.OnlyANumptyCouldWriteThisShitJS on
rainy day and look at the entire browsers, version, and features that it
lays waste to.

The most browser sniffing/eight-balling anyone has seen in the last 10
years :-(

Sorry: -

http://www.java.com/js/deployJava.txt

And did I leave the obvious drawbacks of document.write and the stinking
peasants in c.l.j.p who can't comprehend the need for run-time discovery
and injection of Applets.

You all make me sick!

Not you Arne :)

Richard Maher

[...]
After you've finished correcting and critiquing my posts [...]

"Don't write naughty words on walls if you can't spell."
-- Tom Lehrer

..and also the "Romans go home" scene in "The Life of Brian".

...and let's not forget the old classic: -
Q: What's the difference between Essex Man and Essex Woman?
A: Your Mother's got a higher sperm count

...or

Q: Why does an Essex woman wear knickers?
A: So your Mother's ankles are warm

...are we having fun yet???

Why don't you do us all a favor an wander into Romford and get a glass
stuck in your face you white-sock wearing, Ford Clitoris driving wide-boy.

Cheers Richard Maher

PS. Is Eric Sosnan really that fat bag of crap on LinkedIn? He should
spend more time on diabetes-prevention than giving me the shits!

Richard Maher

Sorry: -

http://www.java.com/js/deployJava.txt

And did I leave the obvious drawbacks of document.write and the stinking
peasants in c.l.j.p who can't comprehend the need for run-time discovery
and injection of Applets.

You all make me sick!

Not you Arne :)

Oh now I remember this is A grade Javscript shit courtesy of Oracle :-(

//support native DT plugin?
allowPlugin: function() {
this.getBrowser();

// Safari and Opera browsers find the plugin but it
// doesn't work, so until we can get it to work - don't use it.
var ret = ('Safari' != this.browserName2 &&
'Opera' != this.browserName2);

return ret;
},

AND

getBrowser: function() {

if (this.browserName == null) {
var browser = navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase();

log('[getBrowser()] navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase() -> '
+ browser);

// order is important here. Safari userAgent contains mozilla,
// and Chrome userAgent contains both mozilla and safari.
if ((browser.indexOf('msie') != -1) &&
(browser.indexOf('opera') == -1)) {
this.browserName = 'MSIE';
this.browserName2 = 'MSIE';
} else if (browser.indexOf('iphone') != -1) {
// this included both iPhone and iPad
this.browserName = 'Netscape Family';
this.browserName2 = 'iPhone';
} else if ((browser.indexOf('firefox') != -1) &&
(browser.indexOf('opera') == -1)) {
this.browserName = 'Netscape Family';
this.browserName2 = 'Firefox';
} else if (browser.indexOf('chrome') != -1) {
this.browserName = 'Netscape Family';
this.browserName2 = 'Chrome';
} else if (browser.indexOf('safari') != -1) {
this.browserName = 'Netscape Family';
this.browserName2 = 'Safari';
} else if ((browser.indexOf('mozilla') != -1) &&
(browser.indexOf('opera') == -1)) {
this.browserName = 'Netscape Family';
this.browserName2 = 'Other';
} else if (browser.indexOf('opera') != -1) {
this.browserName = 'Netscape Family';
this.browserName2 = 'Opera';
} else {
this.browserName = '?';
this.browserName2 = 'unknown';
}

log('[getBrowser()] Detected browser name:'+ this.browserName +
', ' + this.browserName2);
}
return this.browserName;
},

Yeah skip off to JavaOne and get your jollies on lambdas while your
company pays for your legacy skills.

But where oh where is that street fighting Jew that landed on Ellis
island and laid waste to DEC and HP? For **** sake Larry please throw us
a bone???

Cheers Richard Maher

Lew

Richard said:
I was about to claim I was quoted out of context but you seem to have
paraphrased my feelings on the subject far more eloquently than I.

While my posts may not be up there with Oscar Wilde, I do claim to have

Not hardly.
captured the Java zeit-gheist perfectly. All these talentless,
"zeitgeist"

stary-eyed Java wannabes from places like c.l.j.p skipping off to

"starry-eyed" ... "c.l.j.p." or simply "cljp"
JavaOne to get their jollies over lambdas :-(
Whatever.

Meanwhile Larry puts some arshloch in charge of destroying Applets and
completely de-emphasising the sand-box advantage. Lambdas and their ilk

One will grant you UK origin here.
are just beads and trinckets to keep you happy on the server-reservation
"trinkets"

while they steal your land and market-share from you. Google, Apple, and
Bullshit.

Microsoft are all pissing on you as you skip along.

More bullshit.
What is wrong with you people?
Nothing.

Has TV de-sensatized you to violence and

"desensitized"

No violence here, except your verbal violence.
injustice that you can no longer get angry at someone who wreaking havoc

"... who is wreaking ..." - and that would be you.
on your likelihoods?

How, via a probability distortion field?

I realize Eric made these points as well, but they bear repeating. Next time, O thou clearly
expert on wankers, stop, breathe and think before posting. In, out, in, out - in with the good
air, out with the bad - there, now don't you feel better?

Lew

Richard said:
So fucking what? God knows you plagiarize most of what you do to get
through life you unoriginal pretentious **** but this is the last time
you'll troll under my bridge so **** off!

You kiss your mother with that mouth, pendejo?

Or does she charge extra for that?