Updating dataset in crystal reports

Michelle Stone

Thanks for your message

I tried again and again... but didn't work. Can u please detail the
exact steps to perform?

This is what I do. In field explorer, i right-click the dataset to
update. Then I click on SET LOCATION. When the list comes up, I
already have the same dataset as the "CURRENT DATASET" and I have the
same dataset in the tree control on the right as the default
selection. I just click on REPLACE and close the dialog. But the field
explorer still shows the same old dataset.

Anything I am missing? Thanks...

Jerry Boone

You might want to try copying your modified Dataset and naming it something
else, then replace it with the new one. I recently fought a login failure
problem for days before trying a different server name alias for the same
server, nearly drove me insane. In this case, the schema would not update
either - your case sound somewhat similar...

--
Jerry Boone
Analytical Technologies, Inc.

Michelle Stone

my god... is that the only way out? changing dataset is a very common
thing. crystal decisions/microsoft not doing anything about this?
pathetic

Jerry Boone

Have you tried it and did it work for you?

I still haven't proven this at a technical level, just at a frustrated
developer level.