updating information to database

navin

Hi All,

i have page which shows supplier information in a table format.

Supplier Name Contact Email
AAA xxxxx xxxxxxx

In order to change or update information for the supplier, i want to
display supplier name in the table cell as a link.

so if user clicks on the link with the supplier name, it should take
the user to another page (suplier update page) where it should display
the supplier information in text boxes. if users wants they can then
change information and update it into database.

Could anyone please tell me how to do the abve.

If anybody has any other idea to update the information in database,
please share.

Appreciate any ideas on this.

thanks,

Navin

Adrienne Boswell

Hi All,

i have page which shows supplier information in a table format.

Supplier Name Contact Email
AAA xxxxx xxxxxxx

In order to change or update information for the supplier, i want to
display supplier name in the table cell as a link.

so if user clicks on the link with the supplier name, it should take
the user to another page (suplier update page) where it should display
the supplier information in text boxes. if users wants they can then
change information and update it into database.

Could anyone please tell me how to do the abve.

If anybody has any other idea to update the information in database,
please share.

Appreciate any ideas on this.

thanks,

Navin

What server side language do you have available? What database?

What you would need to do is something like:

You server side script would retrieve the list of suppliers from the
database and generate the supplier id. Then the update page would look
at the query string and retrieve and update the information for that
supplier only. Be sure to do server side checking BEFORE updating the
table (also check for SQL Injection).