Upgrade asp.net app from 2003 to 2005

Guest

I've tried to upgrade my existing ASP.NET 2003 app to 2005 and I get a ton of
errors. It compiles and runs perfect in 2003 but i get hundreds of errors in
2005. Is there an easier way to upgrade to 2005 ? Thanks

Mark Fitzpatrick

With VS 2005, make sure that you have installed Service Pack 1. Service Pack
1 includes the Web Application Project. This project type is much closer to
the original VS 2003 project type than the Web Site Project that VS 2005
introduced. The Web Site Project was a nice idea, but a giant pain since
each directory in the app compiles seperately and thus some code may break
since it is no longer within the same namespace since it's all built at
different times.