Upload File and custom error

Alessandro

Hi,
i want to display a custm page if i upload a file with size >
MaxRequestLength. I try httpmodule, etc etc but i'm not able to redirect to
a default page.

bruce barker

to enforce the max file size, asp.net kills the connection to stop the upload
(there is no stop command in http). there is no way to send a response back,
because the request was not completed.

with javascript you can start a seperate request in an iframe or ajax call,
that polls to see if the upload was killed, and display a message.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Alessandro

With an HTTPmodule i'm able to see if uploading file size is > if
MaxRequestFile size, but if i try to send user to another page, with
server.transfer or response.redirect i'm able to send user to that page
(page load of FileTooLarge.aspx is loaded).. but i still see on the browser
a DNS page error..