URGENT- OutOfMemoryError while using ANT

parkarumesh

Hi,
I get an OutOfMemoryError while using ANT to build my application.
Is there any way out to increase the memory for ANT task. how to
increase the heap specially for ANT

PremKumar

Hi,

Are you using any IDE for building the Project, Could you please
give the breif details with the editor, environment etc.,

PremKumar

Hi,

Are you using any IDE for building the Project, Could you please
give the breif details with the editor, environment etc.,

PremKumar

Hi,

Are you using any IDE for building the Project, Could you please
give the breif details with the editor, environment etc.,

PremKumar

Hi,

Are you using any IDE for building the Project, Could you please
give the breif details with the editor, environment etc.,

PremKumar

Hi,

Are you using any IDE for building the Project, Could you please
give the breif details with the editor, environment etc.,

parkarumesh

no i am not using any IDE or editor, i use a batch file which i run for
starting ANT to build my application. I am using WIN2K, 512MB RAM,
Intel4 processor nothing grt or exceptional configuration

PremKumar

Hi,

When u run ant.bat, it tries to get JVM arguments from antrc_pre.bat(in
ur home directory) ; So add this
set ANT_OPTS=-Xmx1024m in antrc_pre.bat

Try :)

PremKumar

Hi,

When u run ant.bat, it tries to get JVM arguments from antrc_pre.bat(in
ur home directory) ; So add this
set ANT_OPTS=-Xmx1024m in antrc_pre.bat

Try :)

Roedy Green

Are you using any IDE for building the Project, Could you please
give the breif details with the editor, environment etc.,

your message appeared 5 times. I am guessing you imagine your message
did not take if it does not immediately show up. Give it 15 minutes.