Use cases for shallow const

Florian Weimer

I'm interested in use cases for shallow const. What do they look
like? For what types of containers/holders it makes sense that you
cannot change the container structurally, but may still change its
elements as you like?

Öö Tiib

I'm interested in use cases for shallow const.  What do they look
like?  For what types of containers/holders it makes sense that you
cannot change the container structurally, but may still change its
elements as you like?

When the elements do not belong to container. For example an address
book. You need it for getting address of someone. You maybe want to do
things with that pretty specie whose address you got, but not to
modify that address book.