Use com component without registering it ?

peter.jakes

Hello,
I am straggling with an issue than may not have a solution. I have a
windows application that is composed of com components. Normally one
registers all components the application uses and it all works.
I would like to distribute a CD that holds some data and use my
application to view the data. The problem is that for user to use the
application from CD he has to register all com components through some
instillation process, which I don't like.
Does anyone know if it would be possible to instantiate and use com
component without actually registering it? Just to know what dll that
component is in and uses it directly without having any information in
registry? And ultimately I hope the code difference would be so minor
that I could have a conditional compilation one for normal com creation
and the second for not registered components.

Thanks for any advice.
Peter

P.S. is there more suitable group to post this question in?