use modules OS dependent

sledz

I'm writing an perl script which should communicate over a serial
port. The script should be able to run in Linux and Win32
environments. In both environments exist modules to access the serial
port:

Win32::SerialPort (under Windows)
Device::SerialPort (else)

I know it is possible to detect the OS using Config::Config. But it
seems not possible to use different modules depending on this
information like this:

if ( $OS eq 'WINDOWS' ) {
use Win32::SerialPort qw( :pARAM :STAT );
} else {
use Device::SerialPort qw( :pARAM :STAT );
}

What's the right way to write such an OS dependent application?

Steffen

PS: Fup to comp.lang.perl.modules

Ad