Use styles AND collapsable tree display?

news

Is there a way to write an XML doc so that you can still format the
text, bold and whatnot, and still have it display in a collapsable tree
format?

Here's what I'm using as a test:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso8859-1"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="xml-style.css"?>
<result>
<date>2005-05-19
<msgid >1
<entry>This is an item 1a.</entry>
<entry>This is an item 1b.</entry>
<entry>This is an item 1c.</entry>
</msgid>
<msgid>2
<entry>This is an item 2a.</entry>
<entry>This is an item 2b.</entry>
</msgid>
<msgid>5
<entry>This is an item 3a.</entry>
</msgid>
<msgid>8
<entry>This is an item 4a.</entry>
<entry>This is an item 4b.</entry>
</msgid>
</date>
<date>2005-05-18
<msgid>1
<entry>This is an item 1a.</entry>
<entry>This is an item 1b.</entry>
<entry>This is an item 1c.</entry>
</msgid>
</date>
</result>

And the stylesheet defined above has:

result { font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; font-family:
tahoma,helvetica, arial, sans-serif; background: #fff; }
date { border: thin solid #eee; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold;
font-family: tahoma,helvetica, arial, sans-serif; background: #eee; }
msgid { font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; font-family:
tahoma,helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font: italic; background: #fff; }
entry { font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; font-family:
tahoma,helvetica, arial, sans-serif; background: #fff; }

I like the tree form, so I can close and open items on the browser, but
I also want to be able to bold certain items and use colors, etc.

If there's just a name of a concept I need to look up, or something
like that, please let me know.
Thanks!
Liam

news

Is there a way to write an XML doc so that you can still format the
text, bold and whatnot, and still have it display in a collapsable tree
format?

Is there really no way?

Andy Dingley

Is there really no way?

Less than 24 hours ? No there's isn't a way for you to do this, at
least not any more.

You're not _paying_ for this service you know, don't complain about the
turnaround time.