User authentication

francan

I have a request to use Intranet Windows login to view restricted ASP
web pages where user doesnt have to log into a restricted site.

I can use IIS authenticated user where the IIS permissions will allow
a specific user to with Intranet login account to automatically login
(with their Intranet Windows username) to my restricted site. Or I
can use LDAP but not familiar with LDAP and what the difference would
be?

Anthony Jones

francan said:
I have a request to use Intranet Windows login to view restricted ASP
web pages where user doesnt have to log into a restricted site.

I can use IIS authenticated user where the IIS permissions will allow
a specific user to with Intranet login account to automatically login
(with their Intranet Windows username) to my restricted site. Or I
can use LDAP but not familiar with LDAP and what the difference would
be?

To use of LDAP securely would be whole lot more work, since we talking
intranet with users and computers on domain just use the standard windows
integrated security, its way simpler.