User control not seen on code beside (behind) page

petro

Can someone shed some light on how to get this user control to work?
I created a simple user control with several properties (I want to access
these properties server side on another web form (a web control consumer
page)). Then I drug the user control on to the web form where I wanted to
use it. In the design view I see the web control on the web form and I can
also access it's properties on the client side. But when I try to get to the
control from the code beside page (ie. UserControlConsumerPage.cs) I do not
see a reference to the control in intellisense. Here is my user control code
from the UserControl.ascx:

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"
CodeFile="ContractInfo.ascx.cs" Inherits="ContractInfo" %>
Contact Information</td>
Contract #</td>
<asp:Label ID="lblContract" runat="server" Text="Label"
Width="378px"></asp:Label></td>
Agency</td>
<asp:Label ID="lblAgency" runat="server" Text="Label"
Width="378px"></asp:Label></td>
Program</td>
<asp:Label ID="lblProgram" runat="server" Text="Label"
Width="378px"></asp:Label></td>
Report Quarter</td>
<asp:Label ID="lblReportQuarter" runat="server" Text="Label"
Width="378px"></asp:Label></td>

HERE IS the code from the UserControl.cs

using System;
using System.Data;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Collections;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

public partial class ContractInfo : System.Web.UI.UserControl
if (!this.lblReportQuarter.Visible)
Response.Write("<script type='text/javascript'>var varRQ =
'';</script>");
}

public string Contract
{
get
{
return this.lblContract.Text;
}
set
{
this.lblContract.Text = Server.HtmlEncode(value);

public string Agency
{
get
{
return this.lblAgency.Text;
}
set
{
this.lblAgency.Text = Server.HtmlEncode(value);

public string Program
{
get
{
return this.lblProgram.Text;
}
set
{
this.lblProgram.Text = Server.HtmlEncode(value);

public string ReportQuarter
{
get
{
return this.lblReportQuarter.Text;
}
set
{
this.lblReportQuarter.Text = Server.HtmlEncode(value);

public Boolean ReportQuarterVisible
{
set
{
this.lblReportQuarter.Visible = value;

THIS IS the code from the UserControlConsumerPage.ascx that I want to use
the control:

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/pmAgency/masAgency.master"
AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="wfNarrative.aspx.cs" Inherits="wfNarrative"
Title="Untitled Page" %>

<%@ Register Src="../ContractInfo.ascx" TagName="ContractInfo"
TagPrefix="uc1" %>

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1"
Runat="Server">

<asp:panel ID="pnlNarr" runat="server" Height="459px" Width="801px"
style="z-index: 100; left: 152px; position: absolute; top: 67px"
BackColor="White">

<uc1:ContractInfo ID="ContractInfo1" runat="server" />

petro

I found the problem. It was not with the user control at all. I had copied
and pasted the page dcirective from one page to other pages and did not
change the codefile and inherits references. Once I fixed that the user
control worked as expected. Thanks for your reply.