user controls and style sheets

Just Me

I created a control which works fine. I applied a cssClass style sheet for a
panel in my control. When the controls is loaded on a page and displayed in
a browser, it works fine. However, when I am trying to test the control I
cant see the style affects.

Any ideas ?

Laurent Bugnion [MVP]

Hi,

Just said:
I created a control which works fine. I applied a cssClass style sheet for a
panel in my control. When the controls is loaded on a page and displayed in
a browser, it works fine. However, when I am trying to test the control I
cant see the style affects.

Any ideas ?

Where did you define the style? In the HEAD section, or in a file? And
if in a file, how do you include the file? Maybe the test page doesn't
find the CSS file.

Also, how do you apply the style to the control? With a class, or with
the control's ID?

HTH,
Laurent

Just Me

Where did you define the style? In the HEAD section, or in a file? And
if in a file, how do you include the file? Maybe the test page doesn't
find the CSS file.
This is an acax file, so there is no head tag

Also, how do you apply the style to the control? With a class, or with the
control's ID?
With the cssClass attribute.

it seems random, somtimes it takes affect and sometimes does not. Its really
infuriating. Also, if I say put a panel on and drag the bottom down, you can
see the dimensions change and if you start the app it displays correctly,
but on the design canvass it appears much smaller.

HTH,
Laurent
--
Laurent Bugnion [MVP ASP.NET]