User defined property saving problem

Alexandru Gurau via .NET 247

(Type your message here)
Hi,

I have a problem with a control (C#) found on the web wichimplement a masked text box (derived from TextBox) in a dllfile. It has a property 'Masked' implemented as an enum thatalows you to select the mask you want (none, date, phone, digit,decimal etc.) Everything works fine, I added the control intotoolbox, and I used on a windows form. I can set the maskedproperty at design time, build the application and works fine,but when I save and close the project and reopen it in designmode the value I set for Masked property is gone and in thedesigner window I get a warning: 'The variable 'Mask' is eitherundeclared or was never assigned'. The default value (none) isnow selected.
There is a mechanisme that must be implemented to save theproperty between sessions that I am not aware of?

Thanks,

Alex

Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP]

Is this a winform control or a webcontrol? Note that this ng is for building
web (asp.net) controls...

--
Victor Garcia Aprea
Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET