UserControls vs Frames

Chris Leffer

Hi.

I have read several topics where people say it is better to use
UserControls instead of Frames, but I am failing to see how it can be
done. For example, I have an application that uses three frames, the
first shows a menu on the top of the page. When an item is clicked, a
set of options is loaded on the second frame at the left side. The third
frame at the center of the screen is used to show data. If I change this
design to use UserControls, every click on the menus will reload the
entire page, that`s why I am using Frames.

Can I avoid Frames and avoid entire reloads using UserControls?

Regards,
Chris Leffer