Uses of docutils

Guillermo

Hi,

I've been playing with docutils in order to use ReStructedText with
Django, but I was wondering if apart from converting files to html it
adds anything to Python's self-documenting facilities.

For instance, the instructions tell you to run "buildhtml.py .." after
the installation, which generates html files for every txt in the
passed-in directory and subdirectories.

What's so good about having a bunch of html scattered in several
directories? Is there any way in Python to make use of them via the
interpreter? Should one rather copy them to a separate folder for
reference?

Regards,

Guillermo

Colin J. Williams

Guillermo said:
Hi,

I've been playing with docutils in order to use ReStructedText with
Django, but I was wondering if apart from converting files to html it
adds anything to Python's self-documenting facilities.

For instance, the instructions tell you to run "buildhtml.py .." after
the installation, which generates html files for every txt in the
passed-in directory and subdirectories.

What's so good about having a bunch of html scattered in several
directories? Is there any way in Python to make use of them via the
interpreter? Should one rather copy them to a separate folder for
reference?

Regards,

Guillermo

I believe epydoc is intended to render