Using a 3rd party assembly

sklett

I added a 3rd party control to my asp.net app on my development machine.
However, when I published the site to the main server, I'm getting a
Configuration error that states in can't find the assembly that my new
control is in. I have added the dll to the bin directory, what else do I
need to do to get it to find it? Here is the error page contents:

Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'eWorld.UI,
Version=1.9.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=24d65337282035f2' or one of
its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 12: <compiler language="c#"
type="Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeProvider, System, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" extension=".cs"
compilerOptions="/d:DEBUG;TRACE"/></compilers>
Line 13: <assemblies>
Line 14: <add assembly="eWorld.UI, Version=1.9.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=24D65337282035F2"/>
Line 15: <add assembly="System.Web, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
Line 16: <add assembly="System.Design, Version=1.0.5000.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

sklett

OK, I've added this line to my web.config file:
<add assembly="*"/>
I'm now getting an error:
Could not load file or assembly 'eWorld.Ui'

I have the required assembly located in the bin directory and from what I
have read, adding the line "<add assembly="*"" will load all assemblies
located in the bin directory.

Anyone have any ideas for me?

Juan T. Llibre

Do you have Indexing Service running ?
Do you have an antivirus service running ?

If you do, please test turning them off.