Using java.util.zip on .tar.gz files

Chris

I'd like to decompress .tar.gz files and get at the individual files
within. It appears that the java.util.zip package handles that nicely
for regular .zip files, and it will do GZip files, but getting the
tarred files within the .gz isn't within its capabilities. Or am I
wrong? What's the easiest way to do this?

Lionel

Chris said:
I'd like to decompress .tar.gz files and get at the individual files
within. It appears that the java.util.zip package handles that nicely
for regular .zip files, and it will do GZip files, but getting the
tarred files within the .gz isn't within its capabilities. Or am I
wrong? What's the easiest way to do this?

I did a google, this looks good:

http://www.trustice.com/java/tar/