using many user controls

suresh kumar via .NET 247

Hi,
I would like to use user controls such that my complete site contains just only user controls, but aspx pages which hold them.
i would like to have only one aspx page for diaplaying the controls, but dynamically i would like to load each control based on some criteria and display only one at a time.

it means that Ill be having many user controls and only one .aspx page, and based on the query string, or session value i decide which page needs to be displayed ad display that.

is this the better practice. please help

ccallen

Master Pages

1. "Standardize Your Site Fast With Master Pages" (has sample with source):
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...naspp/html/aspnet-standardize-masterpages.asp

2. www.wilsondotnet.com presents the topic well.

3. Search google for "master page".

Its basically a control that adds controls to itself. Although there are
many other ways to accomplish this, the beauty of Master Pages is that
theres a name (and lots of links) to refer to rather then having to explain
some obscure process.

ccallen

suresh kumar via .NET 247 said:
Hi,
I would like to use user controls such that my complete site contains just
only user controls, but aspx pages which hold them.
i would like to have only one aspx page for diaplaying the controls, but
dynamically i would like to load each control based on some criteria and
display only one at a time.
it means that Ill be having many user controls and only one .aspx page,
and based on the query string, or session value i decide which page needs to
be displayed ad display that.

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

Master Pages
1. "Standardize Your Site Fast With Master Pages" (has sample with source):
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...naspp/html/aspnet-standardize-masterpages.asp

2. www.wilsondotnet.com presents the topic well.

3. Search google for "master page".
[snip]

I also have an article I wrote on MasterPages, if you're interested:

Creating Template-Driven Web Sites with MasterPages

Happy Programming!

--

Scott Mitchell
(e-mail address removed)