Using MidB, InstrB, lenB in ASP.NET

Gaurav Sharma

Hi guys,
As most of you must be knowing that people normally used MidB,
InstrB, lenB functions till VB6 for binary string manipulations.Since
now these functions are not available in VB.NET, I want to achieve the
same in VB.NET.Could any one can tell me How I can achieve the same
functionality of MidB, InstrB, lenB in VB.NET. Help would be highly
appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
-Gaurav Sharma

Chris Jackson

From MSDN:

"Note The MidB statement of earlier versions of Visual Basic replaces a
substring in bytes, rather than characters. It is used primarily for
converting strings in double-byte character set (DBCS) applications. All
Visual Basic .NET strings are in Unicode, and MidB is no longer supported."

Gaurav Sharma

Chris,
The note which you have sent is already in my knowledge.I was
asking for the work around in ASP.NET.I wanted to establish the same in
ASP.NET whatever MidB, InstrB and LenB does in ASP.

Thanks,
-Gaurav.