Error using VB6 COM in asp.net

Shailesh Patel

Hi,

I was adding referance of vb6 COM in asp.net/vb.net web project in bin
folder.

Every time when I created new vb6 COM, I was re-refrancing it and was
copying to web site.
Recently, again I created new vb6 COM and re-referance it in asp.net web
project in bin folder and copied it to web site.

However this time I started getting error:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
{F84433FF-2369-4427-B6FB-3CBA67EDA7EB} failed due to the following error:
80040154

Untill now it was as easy as 1 2 3. But now when I started getting error, it
made my it tough to solve.
Any idea to correct this error? Please let me know.

Thank you.

Shailesh

Larry Bud

Hi,

I was adding referance of vb6 COM in asp.net/vb.net web project in bin
folder.

Every time when I created new vb6 COM, I was re-refrancing it and was
copying to web site.
Recently, again I created new vb6 COM and re-referance it in asp.net web
project in bin folder and copied it to web site.

However this time I started getting error:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
{F84433FF-2369-4427-B6FB-3CBA67EDA7EB} failed due to the following error:
80040154

Untill now it was as easy as 1 2 3. But now when I started getting error, it
made my it tough to solve.
Any idea to correct this error? Please let me know.

Thank you.

Shailesh

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=765439&SiteID=1

In short, the COM isn't registered.

Shailesh Patel

Hi Larry,
I tried to access the link you sent but it does not display the page. It
takes time and that's it.

And btw, as you said, if COM is not registered on development machine, it
throws this error. But, I already registered COM on development machine.
Then I use copy web site feature of VWD 2005 Expess and copy all changes
from development site/server(local) to web site. So when I run page on
website, it gives me this error.

Let me know. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.

Shailesh

Larry Bud

Hi Larry,
I tried to access the link you sent but it does not display the page. It
takes time and that's it.

And btw, as you said, if COM is not registered on development machine, it
throws this error. But, I already registered COM on development machine.
Then I use copy web site feature of VWD 2005 Expess and copy all changes
from development site/server(local) to web site. So when I run page on
website, it gives me this error.

Let me know. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.

Shailesh

The link works for me... I've made it small..

http://tinyurl.com/2fuprr

Copying the files does not register a DLL on the destination machine.
It merely copies the files.

Shailesh Patel

Hi Larry,
Untill I got this error since yesterday, that's what I was doing and was
working on server too.
Now If you say, I need to register dll on destination machine, where should
I do it on destination machine?

Once again, the second link did not work either. Let me know for both.

Thank you with appreciation.

Shailesh