using RewritePath in Dev 2005 Express

John

1. can I use RewritePath in global.asax workin on Dev 2005 express?

the self IIS using some port
So I dont know if thats make the problam of 404

2. can i make new project in Dev 2005 express that work as main directory
for example when i run the project it display
http://localhost:4443/Default.aspx

Tnx in advanced
I love those beginner questions

Ad

Juan T. Llibre

re:
2. can i make new project in Dev 2005 express that work as main directory for example
when i run the project it display
http://localhost:4443/Default.aspx

In the Solution Explorer, right-click the name of the Web site for which you
want to specify a Web server, and then click Property Pages.

In the Property Pages dialog box, click the Start Options tab.
Under Server, click Use custom server.

In the Base URL box, type the URL that Visual Web Developer
should start when running the current Web site. You can use localhost.

From that point on, the VS.NET IDE will not use the internal web server,
but will use IIS to open your pages, i.e., if you are working on default.aspx,
it will be opened as : http://localhost/default.aspx

That should get rid of *all* your URL
referencing problems without using ReWritePath.

re:
1. can I use RewritePath in global.asax workin on Dev 2005 express?
the self IIS using some port
So I dont know if thats make the problam of 404

Can you state your problem a bit more clearly ?

Are you getting 404s ?

Top