Using RMagick to extract IPTC data from JPEG file

rmagick

Send a JPEG with an IPTC profile in it to rmagick AT rubyforge DOT org
and I'll take a look at it.

Jérémy

Before sending you an image, I want to try by myself :)

Can you just give me some indications on how-to achieve such a process
in Ruby with RMagick ? (if RMagick implements such features)

What I want is extracting some of these information : caption,
headline, copyright_string, etc.

Thank you,
Jérémy

rmagick

RMagick simply provides an interface to the ImageMagick API. The doc
for the iptc_profile attribute tells you everything I know about it. If
you send me an example image I will try it myself and communicate with
the ImageMagick developers if necessary.

Jérémy

It's Ok, I've just found it!

RMagick can access IPTC values, via the method
get_exif_by_entry([name]).

That was too easy! :D

Thank you for your proposale!

Jérémy

Jérémy

Oups! I was wrong finally. get_exif_by_entry only returns EXIF
information, eheh dumb! :D

So, is there any way with RMagick to extract, keywords, city, province,
country, etc.

Jérémy

J. Friedrich

Jérémy said:
So, is there any way with RMagick to extract, keywords, city, province,
country, etc.
The iptc_profile attribute of the Image class. (see post of rmagick!)

Jan

btw: rmagick AT rubyforge DOT org is the official e-mail address for the
RMagick project. They want to help you.

Jérémy

I'm currently working on it! Writing a class to format the binary IPTC
string returned by RMagick.