using style alpha on background.

Leif K-Brooks

Mr. x said:
Hello,

I have a background gif file,
and I want to use alpha style on that gif file.
So I did :

but the problem is that the whole of my html file, is styled by alpha
(Opacity = 20).

Can I change the background style so it won't interfere the rest of html
file ?
1) Please start your own topic, don't break threading!
2) See the thread with subject "CSS background transparency".

Mr. x

Hello,

I have a background gif file,
and I want to use alpha style on that gif file.
So I did :

but the problem is that the whole of my html file, is styled by alpha
(Opacity = 20).

Can I change the background style so it won't interfere the rest of html
file ?

Thanks :)

Sid Ismail

: Hello,
:
: I have a background gif file,
: and I want to use alpha style on that gif file.
: So I did :
: ...
: <body background="mygif.gif" style = "filter:alpha(Opacity= 20)">
:
: ...
: but the problem is that the whole of my html file, is styled by alpha
: (Opacity = 20).

Nonono. Use Irfanview or PSP and change the image. The filter bit is
usually reserved for a sector of the page, i.e. a div.

Sid