Using the System.Drawing.ToolboxBitmap Attribute

Nathan Sokalski

I have been trying for months to get the System.Drawing.ToolboxBitmap
attribute to work. I have been able to get it to work when simply entering
the location of the *.ico or *.bmp on your local machine, but I want to
store my *.ico files as Embedded Resources so that they can be part of the
assembly. I have looked at dozens of sites for help, and most of them told
me the same thing or directed me to
http://www.bobpowell.net/toolboxbitmap.htm
.. I feel that I have tried everything, yet still with no success. With the
number of postings I have found on different forums about other people
having trouble using this attribute as well, I am wondering why Visual
Studio 2008 doesn't have a tool to help you add this attribute (I'm willing
to bet that it's one of the more commonly used ones; all third-party
controls that I've ever seen have custom icons). Does anybody have any
ideas, or know of a Visual Studio 2008 add-on that can help do this? Thanks.