Using Win32::OLE(’in’)

Cosmic Cruizer

Everyday I'm finding out more and more I can do with Win32::OLE(’in’) to
help me manage and review remote servers. It's turning out to be a great
tool to gather information for documentation and troubleshooting.

With everything I've already done, I know there must be a huge number of
other objects I don't even know exist. Is there somewhere online that lists
all of the objects and gives a brief description on each one?

Ben Bullock

Everyday I'm finding out more and more I can do with Win32::OLE(Â’inÂ’) to
help me manage and review remote servers. It's turning out to be a great
tool to gather information for documentation and troubleshooting.

With everything I've already done, I know there must be a huge number of
other objects I don't even know exist. Is there somewhere online that
lists all of the objects and gives a brief description on each one?

The documentation for whatever you're automating would be a good start.

Ben Bullock

Cosmic Cruizer said:
Everyday I'm finding out more and more I can do with Win32::OLE(?in?) to
help me manage and review remote servers. It's turning out to be a great
tool to gather information for documentation and troubleshooting.

With everything I've already done, I know there must be a huge number of
other objects I don't even know exist. Is there somewhere online that lists
all of the objects and gives a brief description on each one?

I don't know about online, but usually OLE is automating "something",
so you need to go and look at the documentation for "something" to
find out what objects and methods it's got. Perl documentation won't
help. I usually have to work with Microsoft Office programs like Word,
Outlook, and Excel so I go to the "Object browser" in the Visual Basic
Editor to get information.