Using Windows Services

Srinivas

Hi,

I have developed a vb.net assembly which I use in existing asp.net pages. I
also want to execute it every night at 12.
I am new to windows services. Can anyone guide how to execute this program
using windows services only once every day at 12 in the night. Any pointers
to code samples would be a great help.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Kevin Spencer

Write a Service that has a Timer in it. Set the timer interval to whatever
value you want for the timer to run at, and start the Timer in the OnStart
event of the Service. Then set an Event Handler in the Service that handles
the Elapsed event of the timer. Have the Event Handler run your functions.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Srinivas

Thanks Kevin.

If it is possible can you please let me know where I can find similar sort
of code samples on the net.

Thanks

Srinivas