Using xsl to generate html with embedded content

DaveG

How would I go about embedding (so that the binary data is available
off-line once downloaded) a Word document in the resulting html
document that is created using xsl?

Background: I am trying to modify an existing xsl so that the HTML
email that it generates will allow the documents to be available
off-line. The system is Sharepoint 2001, so I have to work within the
way that it sends out it's notification emails (subscriptions) and use
the existing xsl file. It currently sends links in the HTML email - so
I have the location of the existing documents in the xml data set
passed to the xsl.

Hope this was clear enough. Please let me know if there is a better
group for this question.

Thanks, DG