UTF8 unicode problems...

FX

Hi,

All instructions seems to be good in my ASP script page:
- @Codepage=65001 or Session.CodePage=65001
- Response.charSet="utf-8"

But I have many other coding problems with utf-8:
- can't put éàè... characters in javascript comments because ASP files
must be saved in ANSI format
- must save my client javascript file in UTF-8 cause of special
characters in comments (french attitude...)
- can't use standard upload components (free components like
aspSmartUpload understands UTF8 Upload with special characters but not the
aspSmartUpload Request object to retreive other <Form> values )
- For Each syntax in multivalued Request object doesn't work (the
variant seems to be an ANSI encoded character). Ex: For Each foo in
request("Foo") => foo contains wrong encoded characters (not UTF-8)
- AND SO ON....

Where can I get exhautive rules to develop ASP web application in utf-8
charset ? Is there a simple way to develop utf-8 compilant ASP
webapplication ?

regards,

FX

Jim Shaker

Make this header part of resulted html page. ie: let javascript code see the

Hope this will hel

----- FX wrote: ----

Hi

All instructions seems to be good in my ASP script page
- @Codepage=65001 or Session.CodePage=6500
- Response.charSet="utf-8

But I have many other coding problems with utf-8
- can't put éàè... characters in javascript comments because ASP file
must be saved in ANSI forma
- must save my client javascript file in UTF-8 cause of specia
characters in comments (french attitude...
- can't use standard upload components (free components lik
aspSmartUpload understands UTF8 Upload with special characters but not th
aspSmartUpload Request object to retreive other <Form> values
- For Each syntax in multivalued Request object doesn't work (th
variant seems to be an ANSI encoded character). Ex: For Each foo i
request("Foo") => foo contains wrong encoded characters (not UTF-8
- AND SO ON...

Where can I get exhautive rules to develop ASP web application in utf-
charset ? Is there a simple way to develop utf-8 compilant AS
webapplication

regards