Validate Email. RegEx. Need Help.

Shapper

Hello,

I have the variable "emailAddress" in my Code File (myPage.aspx.vb).

I need to check, in Page_Load, if the email address saved in my variable
is valid. I found many examples of how to use ASP.NET validation in aspx
code but I can't find examples on how to use RegEx in my VB.Net code.

Can someone help me out?

Thank You,
Miguel

Peter van der Goes

Shapper said:
Hello,

I have the variable "emailAddress" in my Code File (myPage.aspx.vb).

I need to check, in Page_Load, if the email address saved in my variable
is valid. I found many examples of how to use ASP.NET validation in aspx
code but I can't find examples on how to use RegEx in my VB.Net code.

Can someone help me out?

Thank You,
Miguel
Try something like this...

Dim x As String = TextBox1.Text

Const pattern As String = "\w+([-+.]\w+)*@\w+([-.]\w+)*\.\w+([-.]\w+)*"

Dim theRegEx As New System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex(pattern,
System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexOptions.Compiled)

If theRegEx.IsMatch(x) Then

Label1.Text = "Valid email"

Else

Label1.Text = "Bad email address"

End If

Watch out for line wrap in the above.

Shapper

Thanks Peter,

It was exactly that what I was looking for.
I didn't know how to use the Regular Expressions.
Now I know.

Thanks Once Again,
Miguel