Validating an XForms document

Will

I have been having problems validating an XForms document against the
XForms schema located at
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/2002/XForms-Schema.xsd.

I have reduced the XForm to its bare bones as follows:

<xf:model xmlns:xf="http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms">
<xf:instance xmlns=""/>
</xf:model>

However, it still does not validate according to any of:

1) http://www.gotdotnet.com/services/xsdvalidator/
2) http://tools.decisionsoft.com/schemaValidate.html
3) msxml 4.0 sp2

I get errors relating to "model" and "instance" not being declared in
the schema.

Can anyone shed any light on this.

Regards

WH

Martin Honnen

Will said:
I have been having problems validating an XForms document against the
XForms schema located at
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/2002/XForms-Schema.xsd.

I have reduced the XForm to its bare bones as follows:

<xf:model xmlns:xf="http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms">
<xf:instance xmlns=""/>
</xf:model>

However, it still does not validate according to any of:

1) http://www.gotdotnet.com/services/xsdvalidator/
2) http://tools.decisionsoft.com/schemaValidate.html
3) msxml 4.0 sp2

I have tried validating your simple document against the schema you have
listed above with MSXML 4 with the following JScript program

var schemaCache = new ActiveXObject('Msxml2.XMLSchemaCache.4.0');
schemaCache.add('http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms',
'http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/2002/XForms-Schema.xsd');

var xmlDocument = new ActiveXObject('Msxml2.DOMDocument.4.0');
xmlDocument.async = false;
xmlDocument.schemas = schemaCache;

var loaded = xmlDocument.load('test2004081204.xml');
if (!loaded) {
alert(xmlDocument.parseError.reason + '\r\n' +
xmlDocument.parseError.line + '\r\n' +
xmlDocument.parseError.srcText);
}
else {
alert("valid");
}

and I already get an error when the schema is processed, the error
happens when the included schema for XML schema
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd
is processed so it doesn't look like MSXML 4 is able to help you with
validation here.

Martin Honnen

Will said:
I have been having problems validating an XForms document against the
XForms schema located at
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/2002/XForms-Schema.xsd.

I have reduced the XForm to its bare bones as follows:

<xf:model xmlns:xf="http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms">
<xf:instance xmlns=""/>
</xf:model>

However, it still does not validate according to any of:

1) http://www.gotdotnet.com/services/xsdvalidator/
2) http://tools.decisionsoft.com/schemaValidate.html
3) msxml 4.0 sp2

I get errors relating to "model" and "instance" not being declared in
the schema.

Can anyone shed any light on this.

Trying jEdit on your file by adding the schemaLocation attribute e.g.

xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/2002/XForms-Schema.xsd">
<xf:instance xmlns=""/>
</xf:model>

I do not get any validation errors, jEdit uses Xerces-J from
http://xml.apache.org/.