Validation of viewstate MAC failed.

someone

Can anyone please help me with this problem. Thanks in advance.

This is a very simple site containing two pages listed below.

1. first.aspx
2. second.aspx

first.aspx contains only a textbox and a button.

second.aspx contains nothing, it is simply a blank page.

Whenever I click on the button to submit the textbox information from
first.aspx to second.aspx, the following error is displayed:

--------------------------
Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web
Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same
validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a
cluster.
-------------------------------

There's not much to it, but below is the code to first.aspx.

-------------------Begin Code----------------
<%@ Page Language="VB" %>

<script runat="server">

</script>

<head runat="server">

<title></title>

</head>

<form id="form1" runat="server" action="second.aspx">

&nbsp;

<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" />

</form>

-------------------End Code----------------

Although second.aspx is just a blank page, the code for that page is listed
below.

-------------------Begin Code----------------

<%@ Page Language="VB" %>

<script runat="server">

</script>

<head runat="server">

<title></title>

</head>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

</form>

-------------------End Code----------------

Bob Barrows

someone said:
Can anyone please help me with this problem. Thanks in advance.

This is a very simple site containing two pages listed below.

1. first.aspx
2. second.aspx
recommended practice), but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
ASP.Net is a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be
lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your
question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to
a newsgroup where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

to help you.

HTH,
Bob Barrows

Michael