ValidationSummary

JJ_377

How can I control the order of items presented in the ASP.NET control,
Validation Summary?
I tried to set the TabIndex properties of the controls on the form in
the hope that the ValidationSummary would order the items based on
this...but it did not...Looked at MSDN...
Help please? And thank you.
Jules

Guest

ValidationSummary control follows the order of items in Page_Validators array
on
the client-side as well as the Page.Validators collection on the server side.
So when the the validators are created, each one of the message will fall in
order in the control tree.

For example, when u designed ur web page u might have dragged and dropped
first one at the bottom of the page and the next one on top of the page. So,
they may not fall in the same order of the tree.

Hope this helps!
Rajesh
MCSD.NET
http://meenrajan.blogspot.com