ValidationSummary for validators in User Controls

MattB

I have a (asp.net 1.1) page that loads a bunch of user controls based on
some database data.
The User Controls have input controls and associated validators on them,
and I wanted to place a validation summary at the bottom of the page.

First thing I tried was making the ValidationSummary into a User
Control, but it wouldn't display anything when the validators (with "*"
for the text, and an ErrorMessage entered).

So I figured I'd just need to place the ValidationSummary right on the
page, but I still get nothing in it when the validators fire.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I imagine it has to do with the
validators being in User Controls, which I can't really change at this
point. Thanks!

Matt