VB & C# in the same project?

JV

I've always been under the impression that a single project must contain
source code from a single language. However, I've heard a rumor that it is
actually possible to mix both C# and VB.NET in the same project?

No, I don't mean "solution" in case you are wondering if I have those terms
confused.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

You can currently only have one language per project.
However, in Visual Studio 2005 you can have more than one language per
project. It's scheduled to be released later this year.

Juan T. Llibre

It should be pointed out that the "one language per project"
is a VS.NET limitation, and that -as long as you compile
different-language assemblies in separate command-line builds-
you can have different-language-compiled assemblies
in the same ASP.NET application.

Patrice

Didn't gave this a try myself but AFAIK most limitations are cause by
VS.NET.

With the command line compiler you should able to compile the source code as
"modules" and to link each of those modules to produce a final single EXE.

Patrice