VB Problems

Joined
Nov 14, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I am having problems with my script. I am trying to do an assignment in class. I know that I have everything there, I just cannot get it to run properly. Any assistance is appreciated.

Joined
Nov 14, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Here is my script.....

' This initialize a 2-dimension array
' of IP Address. The first index +100
' is the room# and the second index+1
' is the computer# in the room.
dim ipAddress(5,3)
ipAddress(0,0)="192.168.10.11"
ipAddress(0,1)="192.168.10.12"
ipAddress(0,2)="192.168.10.13"
ipAddress(0,3)="192.168.10.14"
ipAddress(1,0)="192.168.10.19"
ipAddress(1,1)="192.168.10.20"
ipAddress(1,2)="192.168.10.21"
ipAddress(1,3)="192.168.10.22"
ipAddress(2,0)="192.168.10.27"
ipAddress(2,1)="192.168.10.28"
ipAddress(2,2)="192.168.10.29"
ipAddress(2,3)="192.168.10.30"
ipAddress(3,0)="192.168.10.35"
ipAddress(3,1)="192.168.10.36"
ipAddress(3,2)="192.168.10.37"
ipAddress(3,3)="192.168.10.38"
ipAddress(4,0)="192.168.10.43"
ipAddress(4,1)="192.168.10.44"
ipAddress(4,2)="192.168.10.45"
ipAddress(4,3)="192.168.10.46"
ipAddress(5,0)="192.168.10.51"
ipAddress(5,1)="192.168.10.52"
ipAddress(5,2)="192.168.10.53"
ipAddress(5,3)="192.168.10.54"

' Define program vaiables
roomStr=""
compStr=""
room=0
computer=0

Do
Display Prompt “Please Enter the Room Number (100-105) ...... “
Get StdIn Console Input and assign string value to roomStr
If intval(roomStr)<100 Or intval(roomStr)>105
Use StdOut to Beep Speaker twice with chr(7)
Display ErrMsg “Error, 100 to 105 Only!!!”
else
room = inval(roomStr)-100
endif
While intval(roomStr)<100 OR intval(roomStr)>105

Do
Display Prompt “Please Enter the Computer Number (1-4) ...... “
Get StdIn Console Input and assign string value to compStr
If intval(compStr)<1 Or intval(compStr)>4
Use StdOut to Beep Speaker twice with chr(7)
Display ErrMsg “Error, 1 to 4 Only!!!”
else
room = inval(compStr)-1
endif
While intval(compStr)<1 OR intval(compStr)>105

Display the message “ The IP Address in Room ### for computer # is ###.###.##.##:

' Display All IP Address Y/N?
Do
Display Message
"Do you wish to Display all of the IP Addresses (Y/N) ..... "
Get User Response and assign it to variable ans
If ans NOT "Y" & "y" & "N" & "n" Then
Beep Speaker Twice
Display Msg "Error, Y,y,N,n response Only!!!"
EndIf
While ans NOT "Y" & "y" & "N" & "n"

If ans is "Y" OR ans is "y" Then
For room = 0 to 5
For computer = 0 to 3
Display "The IP Address in Room " toString(room+100) “for Computer "
toString(computer+1) " is " ipAddress(room,computer)
EndFor
EndFor
EndIf