VbScript

Ben Schumacher

Has VbScript become obsolete in Asp.Net 2.0? I can't seem to find any
documentation on using VbScript with Asp.Net 2.0. Does this mean that the
three years of knowledge I have using VbScript is no longer usable and that
I have to learn JavaScript/JScript? Converting and Asp 3.0 site, not only
do I have to learn Vb.Net I also have to learn a completly new scripting
language to handle all client side functionality.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

You can still use VBScript for client side functionality, assuming all your
users have Internet Explorer. For server side code you'll likely find
yourself in fairly familiar territory by using VB.NET.

Ray Booysen

Jon said:
you'll need to learn VB.net in place of vbscript.

However, that is the least of your transition issues.
learning ASP.net 2.0 is a whole new world from Classic ASP 3.0
Aaah, no.

Vbscript is still supported on the client side by IE so it doesn't
really matter which version of .NET you are using.

Javascript is the preferred option as it'll work cross-browsers while
VBScript is IE only.

Jon Paal

Client side script has nothing ot do with ASP.
ASP is all server side code.

If you have client side coding questions please try another forum here:

microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript