    I have to learn JavaScript/JScript? Converting and Asp 3.0 site, not only
    do I have to learn Vb.Net I also have to learn a completly new scripting
    language to handle all client side functionality.

    Ben Schumacher, Mar 15, 2006

  2. You can still use VBScript for client side functionality, assuming all your
    users have Internet Explorer. For server side code you'll likely find
    yourself in fairly familiar territory by using VB.NET.

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Mar 15, 2006

  3. Ben Schumacher

    Ray Booysen Guest

    Aaah, no.

    Vbscript is still supported on the client side by IE so it doesn't
    really matter which version of .NET you are using.

    Javascript is the preferred option as it'll work cross-browsers while
    VBScript is IE only.

    Ray Booysen, Mar 16, 2006
  4. Ben Schumacher

    Jon Paal Guest

    Client side script has nothing ot do with ASP.
    ASP is all server side code.

    If you have client side coding questions please try another forum here:

    microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript

    Jon Paal, Mar 16, 2006