vc6 exception not getting caught in vs2k5

jrrtolkienfan

Hi,

My application has a small JNI piece written in C++. This piece was
developed using VC++ 2k5. We statically link with some .lib's which
were built using vc6. I see that exceptions thrown by some api's in
these .lib's are not getting caught but are causing the app to crash.
When this code was "ported" to vc6 this wasn't observed. It so happens
we also support HPUX n Solaris n it works fine there too. Why's this
happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zeppe

Hi,

My application has a small JNI piece written in C++. This piece was
developed using VC++ 2k5. We statically link with some .lib's which
were built using vc6. I see that exceptions thrown by some api's in
these .lib's are not getting caught but are causing the app to crash.
When this code was "ported" to vc6 this wasn't observed. It so happens
we also support HPUX n Solaris n it works fine there too. Why's this
happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

when you link a code produced by a version of a compiler with a library
produced with another version, in the very best scenario you just won't
be able to catch exceptions. Actually, it's very normal that everything
crashes very badly, as soon as something from the library is invoked.
Build everything with the same compiler and you'll be fine.

Ah, another thing. You are SO off-topic here. Please, ask for an advice
in some microsoft groups.

Bye!

Zeppe