Very flexible grid for ASP.NET

Marc Scheuner

Folks,

I have a project at hand where I'll need a really flexible grid for
ASP.NET. The standard row/column model doesn't cut it - I need to
specifically be able to tell each individual cell what kind of cell it
is (e.g. showing text, rendering an image etc.).

Most standard grids will allow you to define your own grid column
types - but that's not sufficient for my case here.

Does anyone know of a ready-made grid out there that will allow me to
specify on a cell-by-cell basis what kind of cell it is (and how to
render itself) ??

If not: has anyone tackled that problem before and come up with a
solution based on the standard ASP.NET GridView control??

Thanks for any hints and pointers !
Marc

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello Marc,