Very strange error in ASP.NET 2.0

Guest

Hi all,
I am migrating an old web application developed in .Net 1.1 to .Net 2.0.
During my new development and testing, I had following error while executing
an stored procedure. It worked fine in .Net 1.1, and it doesn't happen all
the time, for example, I have a loop to call this stored procedure for 1000
times with different parameter everytime, I may get 1 or 2 such errors. I use
MS Enterprise Library as my Database layer component.

Anybody has some clue, what is the reason?

Error Message: Thread was being aborted.
Error Source: System.Data
Error Stack Trace: at SNINativeMethodWrapper.SNIPacketGetConnection(IntPtr
packet)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ProcessSniPacket(IntPtr
packet, UInt32 error)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSni(DbAsyncResult
asyncResult, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadPacket(Int32 bytesExpected)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadBuffer()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadByte()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand
cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet
bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds,
RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior
cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method,
DbAsyncResult result)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult
result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at
Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.DoExecuteNonQuery(DbCommand command)
at
Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.ExecuteNonQuery(DbCommand
command)
at Marketrend.BLC.Customer.Customer.CreatePolkCustomer(String firstName,
String lastName, String phone, String address, String city, String zip,
String provinceID, Int32 languageID, Int32 documentID, Int32 dealerID)
Error TargetSite: IntPtr SNIPacketGetConnection(IntPtr)
ExceptionState: System.Web.HttpApplication+CancelModuleException
Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

You probably ... oh my goodness what's the point in posting this to every
newsgroup you can find?

--
________________________
Warm regards,

[Shameless Author plug]
Professional VSTO.NET - Wrox/Wiley
The O.W.C. Black Book with .NET
www.lulu.com/owc, Amazon
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/blogs/alvin

Guest

Not every group yet ;)

Anyway, do you have answer?

Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

I was about to say, before I got distracted with the multi-posts, that you
are either running out of connections or your connections are timing out.
You should either setup a tracer on the data store or you should increase
the timeout property on connection. Probably a long term strategy is to tune
the backend data store to optimize the queries being run

--
________________________
Warm regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
Professional VSTO.NET - Wrox/Wiley
The O.W.C. Black Book with .NET
www.lulu.com/owc, Amazon
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/blogs/alvin

Hardy Wang said:
Not every group yet ;)

Anyway, do you have answer?

Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

Guest

I read from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2381430.php it is talking
about some different issue.

Alvin Bruney said:
I was about to say, before I got distracted with the multi-posts, that you
are either running out of connections or your connections are timing out.
You should either setup a tracer on the data store or you should increase
the timeout property on connection. Probably a long term strategy is to tune
the backend data store to optimize the queries being run

--
________________________
Warm regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
Professional VSTO.NET - Wrox/Wiley
The O.W.C. Black Book with .NET
www.lulu.com/owc, Amazon
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/blogs/alvin

Hardy Wang said:
Not every group yet ;)

Anyway, do you have answer?

Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

well, why not give the solution at that thread a try.

--
________________________

Alvin Bruney said:
I was about to say, before I got distracted with the multi-posts, that
you
are either running out of connections or your connections are timing out.
You should either setup a tracer on the data store or you should increase
the timeout property on connection. Probably a long term strategy is to
tune
the backend data store to optimize the queries being run

--
________________________
Warm regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]