View Users Exchange Inbox Via ASP ?

Richard Morey

Hi,

I am trying to write an ASP page so that a user can view his / her inbox on
an ASP page.

I have searched high and low across the interent and seen things about CDO,
CDONT, CDOEX and CDOEXM but I'm not sure which is the right choice for my
situation.

We are running Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 2000 and our client
computers are all either Windows 2000 or XP Professional.

This app is for an intranet application which requires the user to log in
using his/her username/password for the domain server, so I have already
authenticated the user when they come to the page where I'd like them to be
able to see their inbox.

Can someone please give me some code examples on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Rich

Frederic

Exchange 2000 comes with a "webmail" feature! Just activate it and users
will be able to manage their mailbox from their browser

Here's the link for info about Outlook Web Access for Exchange 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/owa/

Here's the link for the in depth documentation on Outlook Web Access for
Exchange 2000
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...c0-17d0-4c31-bf66-9a95cfacf9bb&DisplayLang=en

--
Frederic
MCP (Windows 2000 Professional and Windows 2000 Directory Services)

Richard Morey

Hi,

Thanks for this info.. I am familiar with the "built in" web access for
Outlook, but I am building a portal for our intranet with an employee task
list pulled from our in house project managment / time tracking / billing
application and I'd love to add users e-mail to the portal.

Rich

Richard Morey

Hi Brian --
Are you wanting to access their inbox on the server or on the client
machine?

The ASP pages I am using to attempt to access the users Inbox are running on
IIS which is on the same machine as the Exchange Server, so I guess the
answer to that question is on the server..
What client software do your users use to access their inbox?

Currently, the use Outlook because they are connecting to Exchange Server. I
am building a portal for our intranet with an employee task list pulled from
our in house project managment / time tracking / billing
application and I'd love to add users e-mail to the portal and eliminate the
need for Outlook to be installed on the client computers.
Do you want to access their inbox programmatically or just display it in a
browser window?

I want to access their inbox through a browser, as part of the page for the
portal I am building, so again here I guess the answer is to access the
inbox programmatically.

Thanks,

Rich

Richard Morey

Hey Brian --

The OCX thing is COOL!! I'm going to research methods, etc.. for this. Is
there a way to get it to check for new mail?

Rich