viewstate timeout ?

Nicopilami

Hello

I am using the viewstate for storing my variables between two page
postbacks (the same page is called back), in order to not save any
cookie or session variable on the server;

My problem is that it seems there is a timout between the render of
the page and the moment you postback the page by clicking on a
control : if i click on a button just after the page is displayed, no
pb, but if i wait about 30 seconds and then click on the button, then
the viewstate seem to have been cleared;

After many researchs on the net, i didn't found any response to my
question, so i really don't understand why this happens. could you
help me please ? should i add anything to my HTML code or is the
problem on the server side ?

For information, i'm working on IIS 5.0, C# 2, Visual Studio 2008
express

bye
Nico

Nicopilami

You sure the issue isn't being caused by the Session timing out? Or your
Application being shutdown due to inactivity?

it would be curious that the application timeout would be set up to
stop after 40 seconds i guess... but where could i check it ?
Session timeout is set up by default to 30 minutes.

Nico