virtual table pointer confused

dost

please see the following code.
class A
{
public:
virtual void F1(){printf("\nclass A :: F1() ");}
};
class B : public A
{
public:
virtual void F2(){printf("\nclass B :: F1() ");}
};

int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
{
A *pA = new A(); //
B *pB = new B(); // Question A
}

Hi
In the above code i was looking for virtual table pointer values on
both statement.
1 A *pA = new A(); here i see when object is created a new vptr is
created and it has the address in static array for function A ::
F1().
2. B *pB = new B(); here i see the vptr address is different which is
obvious and the address and entry of A :: F1(). But i cant see the
entry of function B :: F2().
thank you

[...]

where is the entry of B :: F2().

Stuart Redmann

[...]

You should be a bit more specific about your problem. I guess that you
mean that you cannot see the vtable-entries for B::F2 in the debugger
window of MS Visual Studio 20XX. This is by design.

Regards,
Stuart

[...]

@stuart i am sorry for that. well you are right its about looking in
debugger window.
So can to tell me another way of checking the entries in vptr.
thakyou

Stuart Redmann

On 10 Mai, dost wrote:
[...]

I'm sorry, AFAIK there is no way to view all vtable entries.

Regards,
Stuart

Krice

@stuart i am sorry for that. well you are right its about looking in
debugger window.
So can to tell me another way of checking the entries in vptr.

So, why do you need to know anything about how the underlying
vtable is working? Just let it do the magic.