"Visual Studio 2005" First WebSite - Need Suggestions

samadams_2006

Hello,

I have Visual Studio 2005 and am developing my first web site. I see
TreeViews, ReportViewers, etc. but I'm not sure which approach that I
should choose. Let me tell you what I'm going to do and maybe you can
offer suggestions:

1) I'm going to have a bunch of articles that I'm going to be posting
to this website.
2) I need some sort of "tab" or "tree" structure to the left that
will hold the "title" of these articles.
3) When the user clicks on one of these titles, the article will
appear in the main display page to the right.
4) At the end of these articles, I will have a command button that
will navigate the user to another web site.
5) I would like to offer a page for an email so that the user can
send comments, etc.

At some point I would like to expand this Web Site with other
features, such as a blog, etc. But this is all I need for now.

What should I use? TreeView, ReportViewer, HTML, etc. Does anyone
have some example code they can send me?

My email is (e-mail address removed)

Thanks
Sam

Guest

If you are at this early stage of the game where you really don't have a clue
as to how to start, I'd recommend that you download one or more of the
"Starter Kit" reference applications from the asp.net web site. This will
enable you to instantly see how the pros are doing their stuff, and to be
able to quickly start emulating (and possibly even improving) their work.

BTW, it is not customary to expect newsgroup readers to respond to a post
via emails. All questions are answered on the group itself, it's up to you to
check the thread for answers.
Peter