visual studio question

PkingTom

I have read that Visual Basic 6.0 is included with Visual Studio 6.0
Professional Edition. Maybe this is a dumb question but how do I bring up the
VB Editor? I wasn't sure if I installed it even though I know I installed just
about everything on the disk. So I went back to the setup on the disk and under
custom there wasn't a visual basic option.

Is it just that certain components are installed but not the VB editor? I'm
kind of lost. I'm starting a new job in VB and I wanted to be able to use the
same editor at home as they use at work.

Is it just that you can use VB code on a C++ source file? Or do I name it an
html file? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I hope this question isn't off topic. I've studied predominantly C++ in the
past but now have to branch out and can't figure out how to start in visual
studio. Do I just have to go out and purchase Visual Basic 6.0?

Thanks, Tom

David White

PkingTom said:
I have read that Visual Basic 6.0 is included with Visual Studio 6.0
Professional Edition.

Maybe this is a dumb question but how do I bring up the
VB Editor? I wasn't sure if I installed it even though I know I installed just
about everything on the disk. So I went back to the setup on the disk and under
custom there wasn't a visual basic option.

Is it just that certain components are installed but not the VB editor? I'm
kind of lost. I'm starting a new job in VB and I wanted to be able to use the
same editor at home as they use at work.

Is it just that you can use VB code on a C++ source file? Or do I name it an
html file? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I hope this question isn't off topic.

Unfortunately, your hopes are now dashed. Even if you'd managed to avoid
mentioning VB it would be off-topic. This NG is about the C++ language, not
specific compilers, Professional Edition or otherwise. This question belongs
in the appropriate MS newsgroup. I don't know which one that is.

DW

John Harrison

Unfortunately, your hopes are now dashed. Even if you'd managed to avoid
mentioning VB it would be off-topic. This NG is about the C++ language, not
specific compilers, Professional Edition or otherwise. This question belongs
in the appropriate MS newsgroup. I don't know which one that is.

Presumably or
are relevant.

john