VMware and pywin32 error...

dash

Hallo,

has anyone experience with installing Python and pywin32 to Windows XP
Pro running in a VMware environment?

At the end of installing pywin32 I get following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 601, in <module>
File "<string>", line 311, in install
File "<string>", line 149, in LoadSystemModule
ImportError: DLL load failed: This application has failed to start
because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the
application may fix this problem.

I use following versions:

VMware Workstation 6.5.0 build-118166
Microsoft Windows XP Professional English Build 2600
added SP1 and than SP3
Python 2.6.1
pywin32 213

Thank you in advance for any help
Werner

Joshua Kugler

dot said:
has anyone experience with installing Python and pywin32 to Windows XP
Pro running in a VMware environment?

At the end of installing pywin32 I get following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 601, in <module>
File "<string>", line 311, in install
File "<string>", line 149, in LoadSystemModule
ImportError: DLL load failed: This application has failed to start
because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the
application may fix this problem.

I use following versions:

VMware Workstation 6.5.0 build-118166
Microsoft Windows XP Professional English Build 2600
added SP1 and than SP3
Python 2.6.1
pywin32 213

I've installed and run Python and pywin32 in a VMWare environment and have
had no trouble. This is not an issue with VMWare. Something is
misconfigured in your XP and/or Python install. I'm assuming you installed
Python before installing pywin32?

dash

Joshua said:
I've installed and run Python and pywin32 in a VMWare environment and have
had no trouble. This is not an issue with VMWare. Something is
misconfigured in your XP and/or Python install. I'm assuming you installed
Python before installing pywin32?

Yes. Of course. Python 2.6.1 installs with no problem.

BTW: I get the same result, if I use Microsoft VirtualPC 2007 instead of
VMware...

Werner

dash