VS2005 Class Designer Weirdness

alex

Moving existing asp.net 1.1 app to 2.0 and using VS2005 I have noticed:

1) Class View window display ONLY name spaces and classes located in
the new folder App_Code.

2) Using "Add New Item" on App_Code folder presents limited number of
items -> no Web Page, no User Control, giving a hint that these items
shouldn't go in this folder. Instead should go under the web root and
other sub-folders.
I haven't run a conversion wizard on my 1.1 web app and do not know
where it puts all web page. Can someone provide info on this?

3) Right click on the web project -> View Class Diagram doesn't work,
saying "Some of the selected types cannot be added..". Meaning Class
Diagram works ONLY on App_Code folder as well.

My point that it is somewhat inconsistent behavior with Class View and
Class Diagram Windows -> I cannot get a full Class View of my web app
including web page classes unless all files are in App_Code. In the
same time I cannot add web pages and user controls into App_Code with
provided menu (only manually dragging them there form the root).

I am missing something?
Thanks

Scott Allen

Only types that live in App_Code are generally available to the rest
of the application - anything in that directory gets built into an
assembly that is referenced by all the other assemblies in the web
app. App_Code was primarily designed to hold source code (.cs, .vb)
files, though there is some extensibility there.

Because of the new compilation model in 2.0, the type in web forms and
code-behind files aren't always available outside of their own
definition.